All Rentals Include
- Unlimited Kilometers
- Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver - Third Party Liability – Personal Accident Insurance)
- All Taxes Paid
- 3 Drivers
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
- Free Cancellation and Refund
- Free Baby Seats and Boosters
- Road Map Of Crete
All reservations must be confirmed by KalivesTravel - Car Hire Chania Airport for them to be valid. Confirmation is done by email and typically takes no more than 24 hours.
Vehicle Model and Category
Under certain conditions we may be unable to deliver the model which you have chosen. In this case, a similar option will be provided within the same vehicle category or upgraded to a higher category free of charge.
Clients are responsible for all tickets regarding traffic violations as well as any associated administration costs.
Driver Age & Requirements
- For vehicle groups B, C & D the minimum age is 23.
- For all other vehicle groups the minimum required age is 25.
- Drivers must have held a full license for a minimum of 1 year.
- All driving licenses which have been issued to countries within the EU and Switzerland will be accepted.
- All National driving licenses in Non Roman Alphabet must have an IDP.
- All other National driving licenses must be accompanied by a valid International driving permit (IDP).
- Please show a valid ID card or passport at time of pick up.
Your Insurance Explained
Standard Insurance is included with all rentals, if you have not already done so, during vehicle collection you will be able to purchase additional cover and upgrade to Full Insurance in order to remove your excess.
Standard Insurance Includes:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) with an excess of 400€ - 1400€ depending on the vehicle category. Excess is the maximum amount paid in the event the vehicle is damaged or in an accident and it is your fault. The excess is only charged in the event of damage or an accident, no amount is pre-held by cash or credit card.
- Damage to Third Parties, 1.000.000€ per person.
- Third Party Property Damage, 1.000.000€ per accident.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), 12.000€.
- Damage caused by an uninsured vehicle, 30.000€.
- Legal Protection, 15.000€.
- Vehicle Theft Protection.
Any damage to the vehicle must be reported immediately to us at the time of the accident by contacting our office number +30 2825031046, involve us as soon as possible so we can help you. In most cases the Police will be required to file a report.
Full Insurance Includes all Standard Insurance Features as well as:
- Full Damage Waiver (FDW) with no excess or hidden costs.
FDW protects you when things go wrong and you are required to pay out from your excess. FDW covers:
All Insurances are Invalid under the following conditions:
- Accidents due to drug or alcohol consumption of the driver or is generally considered as being unfit to drive.
- Use of the vehicle from another driver who is not mentioned on the contract.
- Use of the vehicle on dates other than those stated on your contract.
- The vehicle has been driven off road.
- If the vehicle leaves the island of Crete without written permission.
- If the vehicle has been used for any illegal purpose.
- Use of the wrong type of fuel.
- Unnoticed damage to the vehicle is ignored.
- Violation of the Greek traffic laws.
- If the company has not been immediately informed of any damage or accident.
Cash and the following credit or debit cards are accepted: Visa & MasterCard.
There are no deposit or credit card requirements. Book Now, pay on arrival.
The vehicle must be returned with the same fuel level you received it.
Unused fuel is not refundable.
Emergency Contact Number
Should you be experiencing any difficulties with your rental, please do not hesitate to contact us on our number +30 2825031046. This number is in service 24/7. If for any reason there is no reply, please leave a message & a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.